Vacancy Chief Scientific Officer
Spadix was founded in 2018 and is a contract research laboratory specialized in genomic research. We offer a wide range of Next Generation Sequencing services for the plant breeding industry with a focus on ornamental plant breeding. Our services include genomics, transcriptomics, marker assisted breeding technologies, quality control services and bioinformatics. Spadix is located at the Bio Science Park in Leiden, the Netherlands.
About the position
Due to our continued growth we have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Chief Scientific Officer willing to lead the strategy for Spadix’s future technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships. The appointed CSO will be a key member of the Spadix Management Team providing strong scientific, operational and strategic leadership.
As Chief Scientific Officer your responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the development and execution of Spadix’s technology strategy to ensure that Spadix services can technically satisfy short and long-term market needs in the field of molecular plant breeding.
- To share knowledge, mentor and educate the organization’s management, staff, partners, customers and stakeholders with regard to the company technological vision, opportunities and challenges.
- Executing and managing internal and external projects.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies by scouting activities, attending relevant conferences and reading scientific literature.
- Develop and implement teams, strategies and budgets driving business impact, operational efficiency across Spadix’s technological platforms.
- Network across Spadix’s organization to leverage technical and people resources.
- Relevant MSc/PhD degree in plant biotechnology, genetics or a related discipline with at least 5 years of work experience in the field of plant breeding.
- Desired experience in ornamental plant biotechnology and relevant bioinformatics.
- Experience with project management.
- Ability to handle a large variety of activities from project management to hands-on tasks in the laboratory.
- Team player and willing to build on the ambition of Spadix.
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and proven leadership skills.
A challenging fulltime position in a young and growing high tech company. Salary depends on the qualification and experience of the candidate.
Apply before September 30, 2019
Where to meet us?
Spadix is present at important plant breeding and genomics conferences. Below is an overview of events where you may meet us.
- January 12-16, 2019 Plant & Animal Genome Conference